Lead Generation: Everything You Need to Know
How to Ramp Up Your Game
By NICK JOHNSON
Understanding What Lead Generation is About – Basics to Lead Generation
Knowing the basics to lead generation will help you maximize the use of this marketing strategy. There is so much more to it than just buying and cold calling leads. You need to be prepared on what to say or sell and avoid putting the leads you’ve got to waste.
By taking your lead generation awareness research further, you can make your business ahead of everyone else as well. Instead of being the annoying telemarketer who calls up people at just the wrong time, your call will be the most awaited one during the day.
“Since everyone is doing it, your leverage will be doing it correctly and more efficiently. It is therefore essential to study and learn the basics of lead generation so you can tweak it and tailor-fit your strategy according to your business and what you desire to achieve.“
As Part of the Inbound Marketing Methodology – Basics to Lead Generation
The whole process usually begins with an interested online user visiting any of your business channels (website, blog, social media page, etc.) and clicking your call-to-action. Your call-to-action, or better known as CTA, can be an image, button, or link that encourages your visitors to take their interest to the next level.
The CTA will redirect the user to a landing page that offers a gift coupon, or any goodie in exchange for his or her personal information. The offer must be compelling enough for the user to input such vital information online. With all the ongoing scams in the World Wide Web, you must design your landing page to be trustworthy and reliable.
Landing pages with the purpose of gathering lead information are usually composed of a series of fields that the user needs to answer. Once they submit the form, you automatically have a new lead! Just make sure that you are always following the best practices of lead-capture forms.
You don’t have to worry if you don’t have any idea on how to do this. There are several lead generation tools that you can sign up for, for free. It is usually easy to set up, and it can help drive traffic to your landing page, therefore helping you get more leads.
Basics to Lead Generation – How to Ramp Up Your Game
Keep in mind that you are not the only company that is offering your products and services. You have competitors, some are still new, but most are already seasoned in the business. So, what do you do to outleap the competition and stay on top of the list? Here’s how:
- Research on Your Competitors. Get as much info as you can about your competitors as possible. In conducting your competitive analysis, look for businesses that have similar products, audiences, and size to yours. Once you know who they are, study their marketing strategies. Take note of the content and other methods that they use to attract customers.
By learning about their weaknesses and strengths, you can come up with an effective strategy on how to perform better and generate more leads. Didn’t you know that athletes spend a significant amount of time watching their competitors play on recorded videos? It helps them come up with an effective game plan, and they end up performing better during the match.
- Put Your Plan Into Action. Your strategy doesn’t always need to be grand. You can start with simple steps, such as keeping track of your competitors’ social media channels. Read what their customers are saying, especially the complaints. Learning from their mistakes will not only help you avoid committing the same things but also coming up with a solution before potential problems place.
- Utilize Instagram. This is applicable if your target market is the younger demographic. This social media platform has over a billion users, and most of these people are under the age of 30. In fact, most of the people using Instagram are teenagers, and you should never underestimate the purchasing power of these individuals.
If you’ve already set up your Instagram account, then you’re on the right track. However, you shouldn’t stop there. You can only use this channel to generate leads if you’re doing it right. First, choose a profile photo with a face. Posting pictures with faces usually gets more likes and comments.
- Next, create an intriguing bio and share a clickable link that will bring you more leads. You can compel the visitors to click on your link by mentioning it on your post and stories. Do not forget to explain your products and services clearly, but keep it short and exciting. Come up with a catchy hashtag and make sure that it is relevant to your business and use it as often as necessary.
- Make Use of Email Marketing. Once you get the go signal of a person to send them an email, it already means that you have caught their attention. Now what you need to do is to keep them interested by optimizing your email efforts. Improve your wording, and whatever you say, please avoid using the word ‘SPAM.’
Instead, use reassuring phrases such as ‘We value your privacy’ or ‘We will never share your information.’ Keep them interested in staying on your channel by using a good call-to-action, perhaps something that will make them sign up to your free email newsletter or download a webinar.
CTAs are only effective if they prompt your visitors into taking specific actions. Usually, they like it if there’s a bargain on their end. And though you may think to give away something for free is a loss for your business, it will actually make your visitors indebted to you. This can be the reason why they will end up buying from you in the future.
- Learn the Techniques to Persuasive Copywriting. The quality of your content is more than necessary for the success of your lead generation efforts. As mentioned earlier, use compelling words that will lead your visitors to see and stay on your landing page.
Some of the most powerful phrases that you can use our ‘Get Started,’ ‘Sign Up for Free,’ ‘Get It Now,’ ‘Join Us Today,’ ‘Schedule a Visit,’ etc. The most important thing to remember is to use words that are relevant to your business. Be persuasive, but avoid being pushy.
You don’t want to overwhelm your website visitors by making them feel that they are obliged to do something. Try to make your blog posts consistent. If you don’t have the time to write your own blogs or content, you can always hire someone to take care of that problem for you.
Lead generation plays a significant role in the world of online business. Just always remember that you have to generate quality leads and not only any leads. Not all leads are good leads. Take the time to identify the leads that you get and filter them. The legitimate ones will always convert into sales. Don’t be hesitant to be a little picky with your leads, because if you don’t filter, you will never get to know your ideal customer profile. In the end, you will only be wasting time, effort, and money.